Terms and Conditions
Be On Time
- Collection of bike/s must be made within 15 minutes of the start time of your session. This is 8:00 - 8:15am for a morning hire and 1:00 - 1:15pm for an afternoon hire. If you miss the start time, we cannot guarantee anyone will be available to do the handover for your hire and you will forfeit your hire fee. We want you to enjoy your ride, so please don't be late!
- A late fee of $50 will apply to any bikes returned more than 15 minutes after the end of the session. Bikes must be returned before 12:15pm for a morning hire, or 5:15pm for an afternoon or full day hire. Please contact us immediately during your session if you think you are going to be late as this could affect the next hire booking.
- Closed toed shoes must be worn at all times for your safety.
- Helmets must be worn while riding at all times for your safety.
- Risk Warning and Waiver of Liability will need to be signed before the hire commences.
- You assert that on each day you are booked for a bike hire session that you are in good physical condition, not suffering from any contagious disease, that you are not carrying an injury which will affect your ability to participate in the activity, and that you are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Forrest MTB Hire have the right to refuse to hire to any person/s judged incapable of activities, and for not executing the Risk Warning and Waiver of Liability.
- If you need to cancel your hire session, cancellations must be made 24 hours before the start time of your hire session to receive a refund, minus a 10% admin fee of the total booking value. If the start of the hire session is less than 24 hours away, the hire may be rescheduled to another day (subject to availability) however no refunds are given if less than 24 hours notice given for a cancellation. Rescheduled bookings will not be refunded if subsequently cancelled.
- Bike hires will proceed in the vast majority of weather conditions so come dressed appropriately with layers that you can adjust if the weather changes. The hire session may/will need to be rescheduled/cancelled if:
- the temperature is predicted to be above 32 degrees during the hire.
- there are strong winds. This is due to the risk of trees or branches falling.
- the bushfire rating is Extreme or Catastrophic.
- the expected rainfall during the session or immediately proceeding it would greatly affect the trails or the safety of participants.
- Where the bike hire has been cancelled by Forrest MTB Hire due to unsuitable weather or bushfire ratings as listed above, a full refund will be provided.
It is your responsibility to:
- operate the rental bike in a manner appropriate to the prevailing road, trail and weather conditions
- wear a helmet and other protective clothing
- ride within their own limits at all time and the limits of the rental bikes
- know the relevant rules of the road, rules of the trail and practice safe cycling
- know how to operate a multi speed bike
- report any damage to the bike or any equipment included in the hire
- bring your own pedals if you desire, rental bikes are rented with flat pedals only. You may attach a bike computer to the rental but you remain wholly responsible for anything you attach to the bike.
Theft of and Damage to Rental Bikes:
You are responsible for any and all damage that occurs after the rental bike and helmet is collected and before it is returned. This includes but is not limited to any form of theft or damage to the rental bike. Any damage will be quoted on for repair or replacement by an experienced bicycle repairer and this amount will be invoiced to you. If you paid for the rental by credit card, then that credit card will be held as security for the duration of the bike rental.
Bicycles being hired from Forrest MTB Hire may be valued at $1200 each or more, and you are to treat them with respect at all times. Broken components and/or bikes will be invoiced to you at full retail price.
Post Ride Feedback
- If you damage the bike in any way during the session, please let us know when you return the bike so we can attend to the issue quickly and get it fixed. If you damage the bike to the point that you cannot complete your session, that will be the end of your session and there will be no refund for any part of the session you were unable to ride.
- If you experienced a mechanical issue due to an oversight or mistake on behalf of Forrest MTB Hire, we may issue a refund in proportion to the effect on the hire session. Please let us know if anything needs looking at specifically - we always check the bikes but it helps us to have any issues highlighted quickly.